10 Notary Public Resources Listed in Over 70 New York Counties
PROFESSIONALISM, INTEGRITY, PRUDENT PRACTICE & SUPPORT.
Whether you're a mobile/ traveling Notary or a Certified Loan Document Signing Agent, NotaryPublicofNewYork.com is your resource to be discovered online for notarial work. Notaries can enroll today for free. and benefit through all the great possibilities of having your established Notary Public business listed on NotaryPublicofNewYork.com
We trust that all professional New York State Notaries Public and Signing Agents will take advantage and utilize notary directory via NotaryPublicofNY.com and increase awareness and exposure for their Notary Business through prudent practice. Enroll today for freeYour feedback and comments are important. Please feel free to send feedback to Authenticity@ notarypublicofnewyork.com. Enjoy ;)
REGISTER A FREE NOTARY PUBLIC OF NEW YORK ACCOUNT TODAY.
Powers and Duties of Notary Public
Notary Public License Law
§135. Powers and duties.
Every duly qualified notary public is hereby authorized and empowered within and throughout the State to administer oaths and affirmations, to take affidavits and depositions, to receive and certify acknowledgments or proof of deeds, mortgages and powers of attorney and other instruments in writing; to demand acceptance or payment of foreign and inland bills of exchange, promissory notes and obligations in writing, and to protest the same for non-acceptance or non-payment, as the case may require, and, for NYS Department of State Division of Licensing Services Notary Public License Law / Page 7 use in another jurisdiction, to exercise such other powers and duties as by the laws of nations and according to commercial usage, or by the laws of any other government or country may be exercised and performed by notaries public, provided that when exercising such powers he/she shall set forth the name of such other jurisdiction. A notary public who is an attorney at law regularly admitted to practice in this State may, in his discretion, administer an oath or affirmation to or take the affidavit or acknowledgment of his client in respect of any matter, claim, action or proceeding. For any misconduct by a notary public in the performance of any of his powers such notary public shall be liable to the parties injured for all damages sustained by them.
Are you a New York Notary Public?
Quick steps to proper notarization.
1. Every signer should personally appear at signing.
2. Pay attention to the Title, Date, and number of pages when scanning all documents.
3. Look for blank spaces. Use "Not Applicable" or "N/A" or line through blank spaces.
4. Scan for document's date.
5. Make sure that the signer is carefully identified through personal knowledge, federal or state issued ID, or the oath of a personally known credible identifying witness.
6. Be certain that the signer understands and voluntarily signs the documents.
7. Do not give any legal advice.
8. Examine all signatures.
9. Document the notarial act in your Notary Journal.
10. Record the notarial act in your journal before completing the notarial certificate and affixing your seal.
11. Make sure there is notarial wording in the document.
12. Pay attention to details and line through all inapplicable text.
13. Make sure your Signature, Seal, and/ or Embossment is affixed properly.
14. Secure any attached notarial certificates.
15. Safely lock away your seal, embosser, and journal.
If you are searching for a New York City Mobile Notary working in New York County (Manhattan), Kings County (Brooklyn), Bronx County (The Bronx), Richmond County (Staten Island), and Queens County (Queens), please contact Notary Public of NYC at (646) 543-6769 or ViaTax at (212) 926-5697. Thank you.
Recently Added Notary Public Listings
Julian M. Hill - Notary Public of New York Apostille and Document Authentication Make it Official (646) 543-6769
Julian M. Hill is a Notary Public commissioned by the State of New York, and certified to notarize documents in any county of New York.
Notary / Certified Signing Agent
Notary Services For all your Needs. Able to travel and also a Settlement Agent
Upstate New York Notary Public and Signing Agent
Notary. Mortgage signing agent.